Obesity can cause many serious diseases. This not only increases the risk of heart disease and diabetes, but also increases the chances of getting gynecological diseases. In a recent research conducted in Britain, scientists have said that obesity can also cause problems related to reproductive health for women.
- In this research, scientists tried to find a relationship between obesity and disorders related to reproductive health.
- They included 2,57,193 women in this research.
- All of them were European and their age ranged from 40 to 69 years.
- Their health data was checked with the help of UK Biobank.
- Scientists created a model that understood the effect of women’s body mass index (BMI) and waist-to-hip ratio on women’s reproductive health.
- Research has found a connection between obesity and several reproductive health disorders.
- These include polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), menstrual bleeding, uterine fibroids, and pre-eclampsia.
- PCOS is a hormonal disorder in which women have problems related to menstruation. These include irregular bleeding, late periods, increased facial hair, etc.
- In the case of uterine fibroids, a lump begins to form in the uterus of the woman. Although it is not related to cancer.
- Pre-eclampsia is a condition in which complications occur during pregnancy due to high blood pressure.
ways to lose weight
- Instead of junk food and soft drinks, include healthy things in your diet. Seasonal fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds and healthy fats promote better health and control of weight. Along with this, do not let the lack of water in the body.
- Exercise is very important to lose weight. According to experts, 150 minutes of high intensity exercise should be done every week. Along with this, keep doing other physical activities as well.
- Get your sleep When you don’t get enough sleep, you are more likely to eat unhealthy food. Your body also works well when sleep is complete.
- Stay away from stress. There is a huge connection between obesity and stress. The stress hormone called cortisol increases the fat in your belly. You can do yoga and meditation to manage stress.