Three days after collapsing during the middle of a show in Michigan, rock legend Carlos Santana postponed his returning concert in Noblesville, Indiana, just minutes before he was set to take the stage.

Santana, 74, was preparing to play at the Ruoff Music Center on Friday when the decision was made to postpone the performance, according to USA Today. Opening artists, Earth, Wind & Fire, had just finished their set when the audience was informed that Santana was still not feeling well enough to play. 

An official told the crowd their tickets would be honored at the rescheduled date, which is already set for Wednesday, August 3. Friday’s ill fated show in Indianapolis had been slated to be his first since collapsing onstage at Pine Knob Music Theatre in Michigan Tuesday.

He was in the middle of his set in Clarkson, which is just over 40 miles north of Detroit, when he fell down, according to witnesses and several videos shared on social media. Medical workers proceeded to attend to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee before he was carried offstage.

The legendary musical artist’s team is not taking any chances as they went on to postpone his next six concerts ‘out of an abundance of caution for the artist’s health,” his manager, Michael Vrionis of Universal Tone Management said Friday evening. ‘Doctor’s have recommended that Mr. Santana gets rest to recuperate fully.’ 

He was briefly hospitalized and diagnosed with dehydration and heat exhaustion. Santana’s team then promptly canceled Wednesday’s scheduled show in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania.

On Tuesday, the Grammy-winning guitarist shared a post on Facebook originally posted to his wife Cindy Blackman Santana’s page, thanking everyone for their ‘prayers, love, care & concern.’

Blackman wrote, ‘Please know that he’s resting and doing very well. He was diagnosed with heat exhaustion & dehydration… it was 100 degrees on stage and 114 under the lights so that coupled with not enough water is what caused the issue.’

She went on to add that Santana will ‘be as good as new soon.’ The Soul Sacrifice star also shared a message where he revealed that he ‘forgot to eat and drink water’ prior to playing on Tuesday. 

Just last December the Smooth musician canceled a number of performances in Las Vegas after he underwent an unspecified and unscheduled heart procedure. The next scheduled date of the tour is on Saturday, July 9, at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati, Ohio.  So far there’s no official word on whether it too will be canceled.

‘I dehydrated and passed out,’ he continued, adding, ‘blessings and miracles to you all.’ The Miraculous Supernatural Tour still has another 19 dates left, which goes through late August 27 in Tampa, before the band heads back to Las Vegas for his residency at the House of Blues.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here