Clive Davis announced that he will not host his annual pre Grammy party this year on Friday, Page Six reported.The record producer, 89, usually hosts a legendary party before the biggest night in music but problems plagued the beloved event.
The joint statement he released along with Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason, Jr. said it was canceled because, ‘due to the logistical obstacles caused by the ongoing pandemic, including the unavailability of an appropriate venue.’
An insider told the publication that the event runners to cancel the event rather than throw one ‘that didn’t live up to the magnificent tradition’ .Davis is a five-time Grammy Award winner and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a non-performer. The cancelation of his party isn’t the only change to the ceremony this year.
They said the 2023 will be, ‘when we will host an incredible evening in our unique and glittering way, hospitable to our wonderful music artists, music executives, film television, sports and illustrious politicians, who annually love the event like no other.’
The Academy announced that it would be postponing the ceremony in a message to its members and later shared the news with the general public on social media.The ceremony was originally scheduled for January 31, but it was postponed to April 3 early last month due to soaring COVID-19 rates brought on by the highly infectious Omicron variant.
The new show will also have a change of location, as it was originally planned to go on in Downtown Los Angeles at the Crypto.com Arena .The show will now be broadcast from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Vegas.
Viewers will be able to catch the broadcast live on CBS on April 3, or on the network’s streaming service Paramount+. The show was originally planned to go on in Downtown Los Angeles at the Crypto.com Arena , but will now be at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Vegas; pictured in 2020.



